Pablo Picasso, the name is enough to give an introduction to the world of art. Born in Spain in 1881, he is known for the invention of constructed sculpture.His friends referred to him as the “greatest artist alive”.
Now let us take a glimpse at the top 5 best artworks of this great artist till date.
5. Blue Nude – This painting describes Pablo Picasso’s dedication towards his art and towards his talent. The Blue Nude painting symbolizes and highlights the deepest feelings while using only a single color to express it in such an emotional way. This painting was made by Picasso when he was, at that time, grieving over one of his friend’s tragic death. It was Picasso’s artwork when he was in his “blue period”. It is indeed Picasso’s one of the magnificent artworks that he has ever done.
4. Le Rêve (The Dream) – Le Rêve is an oil painting and was made when he was 50 years old and this is a portrait of his 24 year old mistress Marie-Thérèse Walter. And this belongs to his period of distorted depictions. This painting has erotic content.
3. Asleep – This painting is again the portrait of his mistress who is asleep with her body resting between two polarized color blocks of red and green. It is a mixture of beauty and ugliness.
2. Nude, Green Leaves and Bust – This is again modeled by his young mistress. And surprisingly this painting was sold for $106.5 million and was a world record in 2010.
1. Demoiselles d’Avignon – It was known to be the most innovative painting of that era. It portrays five nude female prostitutes but none is conventionally feminine. This painting is the best from the rest done by Pablo Picasso and received acclaims for it.
These are Picasso’s some of the best paintings he has ever made. We know just by reading about them you won’t get the real taste. Try exploring the paintings for real. We are sure you will love them.Read More →